venerdì 18 luglio 2008

Big trouble in Little China

Ancora qualche frase: Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Vi ricordate del vecchio Jack Burton di “Grosso guaio a Chinatown”
Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
Wang Chi: You ready, Jack?
Jack Burton: I was born ready.
Jack Burton: This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.
Gracie: [on their way to confront Lo Pan] Do you have a gun, I hope?
Jack Burton: I have a knife.
Gracie: A knife? This guy's twelve feet tall!
Jack Burton: Seven. Hey, don't worry, I can handle him.

[in a whore house]
Jack Burton: Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
White Tiger: Cash or charge?
Jack Burton: Oh gosh, cash, I guess. I mean it's not deductible, is it.

[Jack points to the wall]
Jack Burton: Hollow?
Wang Chi: Hollow.
Jack Burton: Fuck it. [Jack wacks open the hollow wall with his knife]
Jack Burton: Ol' Jack always says... what the hell?