venerdì 5 ottobre 2007

A writer

03/10/2007
Good Morning my dear friends


How are you? I am fine but my friend, the Mentor, has been sick for two weeks. I was alone in the library. I have studied the future forms and some verbs.


I have transcribed a little article from the Time. I have read it. I like art but I don’t know this artist. His name is Haruki Murakami, he is a Japan’s writer.


Time – September 17, 2007


Arts – Profile: Haruki Murakami Returns.
Japan’s favourite writer of things foreign has found a home in the country of his birth.
By Bryan Walsh – Tokyo
Haruki Murakami doesn’t much go in for metaphors, but even ha wouldn’t deny the aptness and symbolism of the moment when he decide he would write his first novel.
Il was April 1978 and Murakami was in the stands at Tokyo’s Meiji-Jungu Stadium, watching a baseball game, beer in hand …………Murakami’s first novel, Hear the Wind Sing-with, its title taken from a Truman Capote short story and featuring Beach Boys lyries on the back cover, would be published some books within a year of his revelation…….
The Elephant Vanishes, 2001 – Is a collection of short stories.
A Wild sheep chase, 1982 – Where there are: a detective, a woman, the Sheep Man.
Kafka on the Shore, 2002. --- Kafka blends Western myth.