venerdì 27 novembre 2009

Big Trouble in Little China


Big Trouble in Little China (1986)


Wang Chi: You ready, Jack? Jack Burton: I was born ready.

Jack Burton: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible. Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
Jack Burton: Good, me too.
Wang Chi: Yeah! [pause] Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

Jack Burton: Ol' Jack always says... what the hell?

Jack Burton: You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?
Thunder: Who?
Jack Burton: Jack Burton. *Me*!

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

Jack Burton: Everybody relax, I'm here.

Jack Burton: Tall guy, weird clothes. First you see him, then you don't.

Jack Burton: This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

Jack Burton: Would you stop rubbing your body up against mine, because I can't concentrate when you do that.

Jack Burton: Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.

Jack Burton: [tapping on the walls] Two, three feet thick, I'll bet. Probably welded shut from the outside, and covered with brick by now!
Wang Chi: Don't give up, Jack! J
ack Burton: Oh, okay, I won't, Wang! Let's just *chew* our way outta here.

Jack Burton: We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang?

Jack Burton: [pointing to Chinese writing on elevator] What does that say?
Wang Chi: [speaks Chinese] Hell of Boiling Oil.
Jack Burton: You're kidding.
Wang Chi: Yeah, I am. It says Keep Out.

Jack Burton: Son of a bitch must pay!

Wang Chi: That's why the bottle didn't slice. My mind and my spirit are goin' north and south.

Eddie: Well sure it was a war. And anybody that showed up was gonna join Lem Lee in the Hell of Being Cut to Pieces.
Jack Burton: Hell of being what?
Eddie: Chinese have a lot of Hells.

Uncle Chu: What the hell is Gracie Law doing here?
Jack Burton: She can't get enough of me. Gracie: Hah! He wishes.

Jack Burton: I don't get this at all. I thought Lo Pan-
Lo Pan: Shut up, Mr. Burton! You are not brought upon this world to get it!

Jack Burton: This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

[in a whore house] Jack Burton: Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
White Tiger: Cash or charge? J
ack Burton: Oh gosh, cash, I guess. I mean it's not deductible, is it.

Jack Burton: Oh, my god, no. Please! What is that? Don't tell me!
Egg Shen: A guardian. What it sees, Lo Pan knows!

Jack Burton: What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means.

Margo: This is just so shocking. I mean I must just be so monumentally naive.
Eddie: You are.

Lo Pan: And now, my beloved disciples. The moment of truth... the needle of love.

Lo Pan: What does it mean? Two girls with green eyes. After all these years.
Gracie: You bastards, unchain me. You're not gonna get away with this. Where's Lo Pan?
Lo Pan: [speaks Chinese] This one has fire as well!

Thunder: Play your cards right... you live to talk about it!

Jack Burton: Which Lo Pan? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall roadblock?

Egg Shen: Can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do.
Jack Burton: Real things?
Egg Shen: As real as Lo Pan!
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, the six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Jack Burton: [speaking to Lo Pan] Are you crazy... Is that your problem?

Gracie: [Jack starts up the Pork Chop Express] What was that?
Jack Burton:6.9 on the Richter scale!

Jack Burton: We made it. Holy shit, we made it!

Jack Burton: I took something. I can see things no one else can see. Why're you dressed like that?

Jack Burton: You got a tongue, Dave. Ask her yourself.

Gracie: [on their way to confront Lo Pan] Do you have a gun, I hope?
Jack Burton: I have a knife.
Gracie: A knife? This guy's twelve feet tall!
Jack Burton: Seven. Hey, don't worry, I can handle him.

Lo Pan: You never could beat me, Egg Shen.
Egg Shen: Lo Pan is down there.
Jack Burton: Down where?
Egg Shen: Where is the universe?